Omaha Police officers have arrested two people in connection to a homicide that rook place in March.
OPD's Metro Fugitive Task Force had obtained information that the suspect involved in the homicide of 22-year-old Jarrell Haynes.
- Man wanted for murder in Jarrell Haynes shooting
- Family is left grieving after fatal shooting
- Extended interview: Grandmother of boy whose parents were both lost to gun violence speaks
- UPDATE: Man injured in Wednesday shooting dies
- Two-year-old boy loses mother and father to gun violence
- Prayer walk planned in response to deadly shooting
- Woman arrested in connection with fatal shooting
- Mistrial declared in case against Charles Trotter
The Metro Fugitive Task force was able to locate the suspect who was then taken into custody without incident. The suspect was booked into Douglas County Corrections for his warrant for First Degree Murder.
OPD arrested 21-year-old Bernard Turner and 27-year-old Tashekia Lockett in connection to the homicide.
On March 2nd,. a shooting call came out to 1634 Victor Avenue. OPD said Haynes was shot later died at the hospital.
At that time, It was being reported that Jarrell was followed from the Douglas County Courthouse after attending the murder trial of Charles Trotter.
From OPD's investigation, investigators have found that Jarrell Haynes had not attended the Trotter trial due to not having proper identification to gain entry to the court room.