News

Actions

Overnight fire damages garage

CORP-Digital-Default-Image-1280x720-KMTV.png
Posted at 8:43 AM, Nov 01, 2016
and last updated 2016-11-01 09:53:15-04
Omaha firefighters say an electrical malfunction caused a fire that damaged a garage overnight.
 
The fire broke out just before 3 Tuesday morning near 107th and Frances. It took firefighters about 20 minutes to put out the fire. They did have to help two people escape from their home after the flames spread from the garage to a corner of the house. The fire caused an estimated $75,000 in damage.
 
At the same time a water main broke and flooded the street in the area. Fortunately the water main break did not affect firefighting efforts.