The 2018 College World Series kicks off at TD Ameritrade Park with the opening ceremonies starting Friday, June 15. If you plan to park downtown for the events throughout the next couple of weeks, here's some information the Omaha Police Department wants to consider:
- Law enforcement personnel will be patrolling TD Ameritrade Park Omaha and directing traffic. For everyone’s safety, we urge both pedestrians and vehicular traffic to follow the directives of law enforcement personnel.
- Vehicles parking in MECA managed surface parking lots will be allowed to tailgate. Tailgating will be allowed inside the lot – but all grills and other personal property will need to be kept in close proximity to your vehicle and should not extend into drive lanes or additional parking spaces. Tailgating is NOT allowed in the CenturyLink Center Omaha garage. Law enforcement personnel and security officers will be monitoring activities within and surrounding all MECA managed parking lots. All personal property must be removed from parking lots at the end of each night. All MECA managed lots will open at 8 a.m. and close 90 minutes following the conclusion of the last game.
- Lot D is a “pass lot” for CWS season-ticket holders, with the exception of Opening Celebration Day, when there is limited availability for parking due to location of the fireworks set-up.
- Lot B also is a “pass lot” for CWS game days. MECA advises it will be available for paid public parking only for Opening Celebration Day on June 15th with limited availability.
- There are various private parking lots in the downtown area where vehicles are subject to private tow. Fans are encouraged to visit ParkOmaha.com or the CWS website at www.NCAA.com/CWS [police.cityofomaha.org] for information on available parking. CWS visitors should leave early and plan to arrive at least one (1) hour before the start of each game.
- The city is offering dedicated parking for both motorcycles and bicycles. Motorcycle parking is available on the south side of Mike Fahey Street, between 13th and 14th Streets. If you ride a bicycle, free valet service is available on the north side of Mike Fahey Street between 13th and 14th Streets. There are also additional individual bicycle racks located throughout the Old Market and North Downtown.
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) parking is available on a first-come, first served basis in MECA managed parking lots. There is no charge for vehicles displaying the appropriate hang tag or license plate. (ADA) Parking is available, but limited in Lots A, B, and D (with a lot D pass) on the TD Ameritrade Park Omaha/CenturyLink Center Omaha campus. Those needing ADA parking should plan to arrive early to secure a spot.
- AAA Nebraska is offering free tow, lockout, and jumpstart service to any patrons at the CWS from noon to 10 p.m. each game day. To receive service, call 1-800-AAA-HELP or contact an officer stationed near TD Ameritrade Park.