OMAHA, Neb. (KMTV) — As coronavirus cases come in throughout our area on Monday, KMTV will update this story with the latest numbers. Check back often for updates. The latest updates will be posted at the top. You can find school cases here.
NEBRASKA DEPARTMENT OF CORRECTIONS
Director Scott R. Frakes announced that three staff members with the Nebraska Department of Correctional Services (NDCS) are positive for the coronavirus (COVID-19). Two staff members are employed at the Work Ethic Camp and one person is employed at the Nebraska State Penitentiary (NSP). All three staff members are self-isolating at home.
Notification will be provided to those who live and work in those facilities as to the positive cases. In addition, anyone who may have had close contact with the staff members will be directed to self-quarantine until cleared by a medical provider.
This brings the total number of NDCS staff members diagnosed with COVID-19 to 208. One hundred and seventy-one of those individuals have recovered from COVID-19
LINCOLN-LANCASTER COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT
- The Lincoln-Lancaster County Health Department (LLCHD) announced that 125 lab-confirmed cases of COVID-19 have been reported in Lancaster County today, bringing the community total to 9,917. The number of deaths in the community remains at 45.
- Recoveries: up from 4,147 to 4,188
- Overall positivity rate:
- Lancaster County – up from 9.4 percent to 9.5 percent
- State – up from 11.8 percent to 12 percent
- National – remains at 7.6 percent
- Hospitalizations for COVID-19 positive patients: 74 with 39 from Lancaster County (five on ventilators) and 35 from other communities (four on ventilators).
- The COVID-19 Risk Dial is at “Elevated Orange,” indicating a high risk of the virus spreading.
DOUGLAS COUNTY HEALTH DEPARTMENT