COUNCIL BLUFFS, Iowa (KMTV) — Back in May, Iowa Governor Kim Reynolds signed two bills which would make betting on sports legal at Iowa casinos and online. Today, the bills will take effect.
To see how the whole system works, 3 News Now Reporter Phil Bergman is heading to Iowa to talk to a local casino that's ready to take their first bet. He'll also be on-hand as they accept it.
Watch this story and others tonight on 3 News Now Live at 6 and 10 - Available on-air, on our website and on the 3 News Now apps for mobile and streaming devices.
We'll also be looking into:
- The dangers of unsecured loads on area roads and what you can do to keep you and others out of harm's way.
- How the mother of teen killed in a crash that took four lives in Gretna is helping students kick off the beginning of the school year and how other students are honoring her memory.
- How an area school is helping kids get back to the books and stay busy.
- How CBD, a substance that some say helps with a number of physical and mental health issues, might benefit pets.
- What's been accomplished and what's next for the Gene Leahy Mall and the Riverfront Revitalization Project.
- How rural-healthcare options have changed over the years and the impact on the people who live there.