Here's the latest information on how the weather is affecting the Omaha-metro area:
Updates & alerts:
- Watch the latest KMTV weather update
- OPPD power outage updates
- Check the latest closings
- Get the latest weather alerts
- @Nebraska511 tweets | Nebraska 511 cameras
- @NWSOmaha tweets
Omaha Police have been on the lookout for stranded motorists, advising drivers to use extra caution, drive slower, and reminding them to move over if they see crews giving assistance.
OPD Traffic has been and will continue to be out looking for stranded motorists and assisting patrol with crashes. We have several marked 4 wheel drive explorers to get around in. PLEASE slow down & MOVE OVER if you see us working a scene.
— Sgt.Jason Menning (@OPDSgtMenning) January 22, 2018
Monday trash collection was impacted in Omaha; residents expecting their trash to be picked up Monday were advised to put their trash out for collection tomorrow.
UPDATE: Monday collections have now been suspended. If your material was
not collected today, it should be out for collection starting 6;00 am on Tuesday. For more information, please click on the link. - https://t.co/zDNBmU6u37 https://t.co/v0Rtzf56uf
— Omaha Public Works (@omahapublicwrks) January 22, 2018
Omaha travelers were also affected by the weather, but mostly by weather elsewhere:
❄️ Eppley Airfield remains OPEN, but a few cancellations are popping up due to this storm hitting the Minneapolis region. Be sure to check with your airline for flight status.
— Eppley Airfield (@OMAairport) January 22, 2018
- Omaha road crews working long hours to keep up with snowfall
- Blizzard-like conditions hit Fremont on Monday
- State agencies report on the snowstorm
- Omaha NWS site still maintained during government shutdown
- UNO students on going to class Monday
- PHOTO GALLERY: Jan. 22, 2018
On social media:
Here's what KMTV 3 News Now has seen in the studio, on the radar, and out on the streets as the storm rolled through eastern Nebraska on Monday.