BEATRICE, Neb. (KMTV) — 3 News Now Senior Reporter Jake Wasikowski is in Beatrice covering the trial of accused murderer and convicted sex offender Joshua Keadle.
We have been asked by the judge to discontinue the live stream but are told we may be allowed to restart it later. Download the 3 News Now app and we'll send you a notification when we are able to stream again.
38-year-old Keadle is at the Gage County Courthouse in Beatrice, Nebraska being tried for the alleged murder and disappearance of Peru State College Student Tyler Thomas.
Thomas, who was legally declared dead in 2013, was last seen leaving a party near the Peru State campus in December 2010. Keadle lived next to her in the campus dorms and told investigators that the two had consensual sex off-campus the night she went missing. He claims to have left her at a boat ramp along the Missouri River afterwards. Her body has never been found.
Keadle's trial was originally scheduled to take place in Nemaha County, the location of Peru State College. It was moved to Beatrice after the defense's assertion that Nemaha's Courthouse lacked proper facilities and that it would be impossible to to secure an impartial jury.
See more on the case:
- Trial delayed for man accused of 2010 slaying
- Joshua Keadle murder trial being moved to Beatrice
- Timeline of Tyler Thomas' disappearance, death
- Lawyer representing Tyler Thomas's family pleased with murder charge against Joshua Keadle
- Longtime suspect charged with 2010 murder of Tyler Thomas
- Family of a missing Peru State College student gets the largest civil verdict in Nebraska history